Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our little Cowboys




We went to Arizona and stayed at Jake and Deana's. We had a great time. Deana and I had fun shopping while Owen sold puppies and watched kids. It has become a tradition to go garage selling and then get Crispy Cremes for breakfast. Deana and Jake show us such a good time. Owen and Jake where trying out Jake's new saddle by roping the dogs in the back yard while sitting on the saddle. We went and played at the park. Owen enjoys going to the clinic and helping Jake.

On our way home from Arizona we stopped at Lee's Ferry. It was a really neat place. We walked the trail between the two Ferry's. There are still remains of the Cabins that were made out of rock. I can't believe they were able to live in such conditions. There was one tree there and it was about dead. The kids loved the little trail and the river. We let out our dogs and they where jumping into the river. I thought Owen was going to have to go in after one of them. It is amazing how big the river is.

It was so warm in Arizona. I wish I was there right now. We got dumped with snow yesterday. We like the snow for sledding, Jed is out sledding right now. We are getting spring fever. I just planted a bunch of seeds seeing if I can start some plants indoors.

I went to Hurricane this last Saturday and had a volleyball tournament. I think it was the most fun I have ever had playing volleyball. I had a really fun group of women to play with. We started playing at 8:00 in the morning and didn't stop until about 6:00 at night. We won the whole tournament. I don't think we ever let the ball hit the floor without someone sprawled on the floor going for it. We had a ton of fun.

Sunday I had sharing time. It was on Mothers are the nurtures of our family. I had three moms come in. they were hidden behind the chalk board. and the kids had to guess who they were. They used their deep voices. After the kids guessed who it was the moms then bore their testimony on being a mother. It was a really cute sharing time.




2 comments:

jakeanddeana said...

Hi Guys! It is fun to see the things you listed on the fun weekend we shared with you -- I wish we had a video of Owen tending Abigail and him throwing the stick for the dogs while Jake tries to rope them -- it makes me laugh just imagining it! Thanks for coming!

Adell said...

Hey!
I love to see your blog and the super cute pics. About my blog...its not really about me- more excerpts from essays/fiction I am working on and ideas for some of my writing. I am planning on staying in Cedar for the summer since I will still have one of my 2 jobs. It makes me so sad that I haven't seen the family in ages. Hopefully I will be able to make it to the reunion this summer. Luv you guys!
-Adell